Monday 26 September 2011

Broken

BROKEN

When you look at me
What do you see?
Do you see me like I do?
Broken?

Do you spend your days like me?
Wondering when the pain will ever end?
Do you spend hours wishing you weren't here?
Nighttimes crying?

Every time you walk past me
Do you wonder if I can't look at you for fear?
Or do you look inside
Where I can't tell you about?

Where my skin covers my broken heart
Where my hair that covers the hurt thoughts
Do you see the dried tear tracks
Where I cried alone last night?

Do you feel the pain
Of my heart being broken?
Do you see the scars
That haven't healed?

Can't you see?
I'm broken
Places to worn to stitch back up
Eyes too dry to cry no more

And yet
I still hurt
Deep, deep down inside
From the scars that somebody I loved gave me

1 comment: